Friday, December 15, 2017

First P-Day! Haricót beans are still green beans

Provo MTC, P-Day is Friday which means I only had to wait two days for my first letter!  Woohoo!  Apparently the menu listed haricot beans...Here is what Soeur Amott thinks about that...


"Haricót beans are still green beans. A fancy French name does not change that I can mash them with a fork. I'm not a huge fan of the veggies or food here, it's all just kind of beige and tasteless if it's not sugary. "Fresh fruit and veggies" means sliced cucumber and maybe tomato for sandwiches, canned pears and peaches, and maybe pineapple, which is nice.

My companion is Hermana Chacon. She is from El Salvador and going to NYC North, Sister Guzman is from Barcelona Spain going to Phoenix, and Sister Maiava is from Samoa going to California. 

I'm currently in the Advanced Language district, with four total sisters including myself, and eight elders, most of whom are French speaking in some way even if they're Swiss, Mexican, and Austrian. I'm the only native English speaker in the group. This gets us some fun conversations sometimes, especially in our dorm. 

"Sister, how is the *chhk chhk* thing called?" 
"....?"
"She means the things for your hands?"
".....?"
*charades from everyone*
"...Nail clippers"
"Naaaaail clippers!!!"

They're not teaching me any French for at least three weeks so I've got an hour of my own study every day and I'm asking the Elders who speak French to only speak with me in French when possible.

Also, nobody knows what I'm doing after this because everyone in my group leaves the first week of January and I leave Jan 29th. Like... nobody. I'll find somebody who knows eventually.

(mom note, pretty sure that's when she joins with the others who are going to France and have been in the beginning language program so she'll meet up with them in their second half of language) 

I'm finding tons of people I met at Travel Outfitters!!! It's AMAZING! They're all doing great and having fun. 

I don't know what else to email besides Church is true, I'm sleeping fine, and I'm awful at emails and being emotional in groups. Spock goes on a mission. That's why I'm going to France, though, and the Lord knows I've got emotions in my heart even if my face isn't connected.

I love you all, send letters!!! 

See you SOON!

Soeur Amott"




Alyssa's English Bible and her first French Bible


Day 1 gift from home-Christmas Orange, orange oil, and Christmas Orange story
Day 2 gift from home, Nativity ornament

Day 3 gift from home, Messiah ornament


Current address:

Sister Alyssa Grace Amott
JAN30 FRA-PAR
2005 N 900 E Unit 27
Provo UT 84602

alyssa.amott@myldsmail.net  (doesn't get much time to read email and can't respond personally)

http://www.dearelder.com/ (free to type in your letter and they will send a paper letter the next day while in the MTC, please don't send sweets) type in your return name and address, then underneath choose Sister, type Alyssa Amott
unit # 27, Mission code FRA-PAR, estimated MTC departure date JAN30

home ward: #6289


No comments:

Post a Comment

facebook conversations

Super busy PDay again, as always. It's funny how I used to think that PDays were actual resting days. hahaha. This is mom and I'll b...