Saturday, November 17, 2018

Apparently I need to learn how to write better

Hello everyone exclamation point I am using speech to text for the first time, so we'll see how this goes.
 
 Ok that works pretty well.

Sister Montalvo, my english my companion is listening to my whole email. So, she's pretty awesome.
 
 This week, on Thursday, we met sister Sharon Eubank (I can't believe voice to text actually spelt that correctly but it can't spell parentheses.) It was awesome! She is the head of LDS charities , and she is the first counselor for the relief Society in our church. She just came to the Visitors Centre because she heard we taught about the temple in a new different way with our model wheels. We found out a few weeks ago that we are part of a pilot programme using new vocabulary and missionary training to teach about the temple, what we do inside of it, and why this is so important for our lives.

 She came right after our Thursday morning meeting and she only had a few minutes so we sang as sisters in Zion , we shook her hand, and then we all took a picture in front of the christus Statue in the garden. She does everything that I want to do Sunday, so I asked her what her major in college was. She said it was English and she was in English as a Second Language teacher before she got her job with LDS charities! We had to leave right after that but it was the coolest thing that has happened so far outside of missionary lessons. It really was an answer to really random prayers.

I am actually already out of time today, but my invitation for everyone today and for this week is to not be afraid to accept service from someone. Being able to graciously and humbly accept service and love from someone else allows them to have the blessings of serving serving and the blessings of being able to give love. I've learnt that being able to let go of Pride, ask for help, and then thank the person who is willing to help blesses  both people in the end even if it's  really hard sometimes to be the one asking for help. As Missionaries we have to ask a lot of lot of people for help and we actively search for chances to do service but most people don't want to accept that so instead we end up surprising them with cookies and hoping we can do something so we can share a little bit of that spirit with them. We've got big plans for Christmas!

Next week I'll know what happens next transfer, we've got to go now since p-day is ending early again and we're driving an hour away but have an awesome week! Listen to good Christmas songs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

facebook conversations

Super busy PDay again, as always. It's funny how I used to think that PDays were actual resting days. hahaha. This is mom and I'll b...